We are already in the throes of toddlerdom I feel like! I mean every day is something new with Carrie now. I am just lovin' it! I mean yes, with the toddler comes tantrums and a bit of a temper, but the fun is totally outweighing that. I know it is going to be hard now that it is time to start with the discipline before we can even communicate and there are times I want to pull my hair out, but when I see how much this little girl is learning and changing, I just want to focus on that. First of all, she is so so sweet. I mean loves to wrap her arms around my neck and hug me. When I am holding her she will lean around to face me and just grin when I look back at her and sometimes just lean in for a kiss. What comes with this, however, is a little bit of attachment. She is a mama's girl right now for sure. I think with Graham being out of town some for work and my parents travelling a lot right now, she is just with me so much that she has grown even more attached. It is really sweet, but also hard sometimes. She is still OBSESSED with babies. I mean she says "baby" all the stinkin' time and carries her babies around with her. She also points at other babies and kids and says 'baby!'. When I picked her up from Mother's Day Out last week they said she LOVED going outside and when she was out there, she pointed at everyone and said "baby!'. I think she is going to start freaking everyone out! When she eats her yogurt, she wants the picture of the baby on the yogurt container facing her so she can point at it and say "baby!". She is just so crazy over babies which is actually pretty sweet. Today she even took a paci and put it in her baby's mouth. Such a girly girl and already mimicking being a mom. It is too precious. Here are a few pics of her and her babies...



She has also made me laugh a lot lately with Graham's hat. He keeps one in a drawer in our bathroom and she comes and takes it out. One time I put it on her and made a big deal out of it so now she gets it out and tries to put it on her head. I always have to help, but then she wears it around! It usually falls off or gets in her face pretty quickly, but it is so cute. Here she is playing in his hat...

Another new thing is "touchdown!". When we say that, she puts her hands up in the touchdown sign. It is so funny and cute. She loves it.
This video is her opening a card from Aunt Tink, Uncle Bill and Allison. It is a singing card and she loves opening those and dancing to them (She also got one from Dana). I think I know the song by heart now...
She is trying to learn so many new words. I think it is so fun to watch her watch me and then try to say it. We were playing with a little toy cow the other day and I was saying 'moo.' She watched me for a while and then just yelled 'MOO!'. She got this huge grin...it was so cute. And she loves to point out all the lights and for the first time today after I said light, she said "dight!'. I think she must have a hard time with Ls, but dight is pretty close!
Her little temper only flairs when 1) she is tired 2) she is hungry or 3) something gets taken away from her. She has never really shared before so when someone has something she wants, she is not happy that she can't have it. I know it is too young to teach her what share means, but I hope we can get a little more used to it in a hurry!!!
I had to come back and add to this post because I forgot to mention that when I say "Carrie, do you want to go eat breakfast/lunch/dinner?" she run to her high chair. Or if I say "Do you wanna go night-night?" she runs to her room. It is amazing and so nice and helpful!
The bottle to sippy cup transition is through! It was a rough couple days at first, but she caught on and now she loves her milk in her sippy cup. I am so glad we are done with the bottles.
I cannot believe I have a toddler! But I just love her so much and am trying to soak up every minute (every happy minute ;) ) of it!
Zach posted Carrie's final photo shoot (tear) and here is the link if you wanna look at them. There are some realllly cute ones! I am going to miss our photo shoots every 3 months...
Carrie is 1!
she's adorable!! and our kiddos could not be anymore alike!! hank loves babies (especially himself in the mirror! ha!) and he runs to the highchair and his room when asked the same questions...we think he's so smart ;-) ha!
ReplyDelete