Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pumpkin Patch!!!

So as I was thinking about going to get pumpkins, I realized Graham is out of town the next 2 weekends so this was going to have to be the weekend to go! So on Saturday, Graham, Uncle E, Papa, Carebear and myself hiked it to Franklin to Gentry's Farm to start a pumpkin patch tradition. I had never been out there and it was so neat! They not only have pumkpins, they have a place to pick your own pumpkins and an activity place for kiddos! I figured Carrie would be too young for most of it, but when they said Petting Zoo, I thought it was worth it! And it was!

Here she is riding in on her wagon!
She did NOT like that scratchy straw on her legs! haha, I just love this pouty face.
Much better! She was happier with Uncle E holding her.
Cool...tractors!
So she got her chance to ride one even though it said 18 months-3 years. She is the size of a 2 year old so we decided she qualified.
And the petting zoo was for sure a huge hit!
I mean the girl loved that goat. We had so spend the majority of our time with 'him' (Graham tells me the males are the smaller ones...I think she looks like a girl, but whatever). He really liked Carrie too!
Running over to see the goat some more.
She also liked the chickens.

"chickens...chickens...chickens..."
And we thought since we will try to go back every year, we should get a growth progression. 2 1/2 feet...yup!
And back to the goat. Yes, I let her put her hand in to touch him. He liked it, too!
Family picture. Never successful, but we try.
Carrie got to get her own pumpkin.
And here was our loot.
It was so much fun and I can't wait to go back every year! Then we can try the hay ride, the tire swings, the corn maze and maybe even pick our own pumpkins out of the patch!

1 comment: