Well today was a first for Carrie...her first tailgate!!! We had lots of folks in town for the USC v. VU game...Graham's dad ('Papa') and Stephanie, Graham's Aunt Pam and Uncle Tom, Uncle E, and some of Graham's family friends, the Jones's. They are all HUGE Gamecock fans and even though I am a Vandy fan, I let Carrie be a Gamecock since they had driven all this way for the game! Besides, she needed a chance to wear this cute cheerleader outfit Papa gave her!

Well despite my concern about how it may go, Carrie LOVED it!!! We had a great tailgating spot in a parking lot where there was lots of room for her to play. And we brought her buggy so she could cruise around...

It was so nice to have lots of hands helping out with Carebear. I was able to enjoy myself and we could all pass her around so none of us got too worn out!

Uh-oh...that's not good.

Cy-Cy teaching her how to play corn hole. Luckily the tailgate next to us thought Carrie was adorable so they didn't mind her climbing all over their cornhole game, playing with their footballs, etc. So she was very entertained!

And she caught on quick...loved it!

Taking a breather. Me in my gold and them in their garnet.

Matching her dada in her garnet.

Playing football. She tends to pick up a ball to throw it and then somehow throw it backwards over her head. It's funny and kind of odd!

She did not have a single meltdown in almost 3 hours of tailgating! She just laughed and smiled and played and was a delight. I was so proud of her! David and Stephanie took her in her buggy to watch the marching band and see the cheerleaders. They said she loved it and that the cheerleaders loved her, especially when they found out her mom was a Vandy fan! So they all huddled around her and let her play with their pom poms. Apparently, she just loved all of it. She even got to eat some good junk food! Chick-fil-a, pizza bites, etc. But she did not have a ton of time for that since there was so much she wanted to do! Fox Sports South even walked by and pulled out their cameras to get her running around on video! I haven't seen her on tv yet, though. So when all the gamecock crowd went into the game, Cy-Cy and I brought her on home. She was still happy as a lark the rest of the night, but is sleeping soundly now! I think the little lady is going to be a tailgating/football fan! And in the end, her Dada's Gamecocks pulled out the win (not surprisingly).
Love this post! I feel like I say that about all of them b/c she is so stinking cute haha. Outfit and her playing cornhole are awesome!
ReplyDelete