Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trunk or Treat!

This year Carrie chose trunk. A little young yet for treats of the candy nature.
I did not know how the elephant costume would go, but my prediction was total disaster. I did not think Carrie would keep the hood with the ears and trunk on, but ya know what? She did! She totally rocked the elephant costume...pretty much acted like she didn't know it was on! I think her love of wearing her dad's hats helped me out here! So these first 2 pics are from her music class on Wednesday where they got to dress up!
After class she wanted to play outside with dada.
Friday morning was Halloween play group. It blew my mind that a year ago, this was our first play group...how much they have changed!!!
This year...

Leigh with "Little Red Reiling Hood"...precious.
William. Love it. So did Carrie because she loves ducks!
Attempt at a group pic...just not going to happen. This is only about half the kiddos. Carrie had just taken a spill so she was not about to hop in.
Carrie with baby Ella Atkinson. How cute is the bee costume??
There were many more kiddos I did not get pictures of because chasing Carrie around took up most of my time. But it was so fun and we have had such a fun year with this group.

After Carrie's nap, we met Amy and baby Margaret at Harpeth Hall for the carnival and parada. Margaret looked SO sweet and was so sweet the whole time just sleeping in Amy's arms. Carrie, on the other hand, was kind of a terror. It was not a good age for this event because she is too young to do anything, but wants to do it all. She did not want to be held, she just wanted to run wild so I just ran after her the whole time. Maybe in a couple years it will be more fun, but we did love seeing the Greathouse's!
And then it was Halloween...time for the real deal! And since we were literally just doing to like 2 houses and she doesn't really get it, we went at halftime of the Titans game at like 4:30. haha.
Let's do this.
Trick or treat!!!
Let's see what I got...
Look at these M&Ms!!!
Next house...
We went across the street and next door just for fun. They had fun seeing her and it was a good introduction to trick or treating. She was such a good sport in her costume! She also had fun helping us hand out candy and seeing all the costumes!

Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Stop. It. Carrie is the cutest elephant i've ever seen. She is rocking that little costume!! I can't believe she is such a good trick or treater at age ONE. Of course she would be festive...its in her blood! love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot get over how cute she is in this elephant costume, and she looks so smug and content under the trunk. Precious!!!

    ReplyDelete