Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Playtime

All waking hours for Carrie are playtime. Even mealtime and bathtime. Everything should be fun! So when people wonder what we do all day besides errands, here are a few things.

Run around the house. (Note:Carrie is no longer interested in smiling at the camera. I have to catch smiles when she doesnt see the camera. I know she will soon want me to take her picture all the time, but for the time being, I am sneaking around.)
Play with things that are not toys.
Find 'forts' and play in them. This here being a folded end table that she thinks is a tunnel.
Oops! I told her not to stand up, but she did and bonk! But it didn't phase her because she was having fun.
Playing "pee-pie" with the drapes. Although she just says "pie!"
Making mama's closet a huge mess (Paula, child proof your closet door).
Taking parts of the disassembled closet and playing with them. Favorite thing: Tory Burch shoe box. It even earned the prestigious honor of sitting in her chair. That's my girl.
This is a saxophone off a band toy our friends Phil and Keats gave her for her birthday. When you blow, it squeaks! So she holds it out for me to do it and then takes it from me and tries to blow. Occasionally it works and other times the thing just blows out of her mouth.
So happy to be with dada after his long trip. At this moment she would look at him and then at me and get the biggest grin. It was so sweet. It was like she was just so happy we were all together again. I tried to get pictures of her grinning, but again as soon as I held up the camera she would get a straight face haha.

I just want to remember all of these small, but wonderful moments of this age! It is so much fun and I never want to forget any of it.

And thank goodness Graham is back after a long time gone and also my parents are back. Yay for having help again!

2 comments:

  1. UM cutest outfits ever in this post! I die at the little pink one! Adorable, Neel. And glad Graham is finally home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is the cutest ever! I love all of her outfits and she just looks so happy to play. Coat weather is coming so I hope you are sizing up her chances of fitting in her pink coat in 2013!!

    ReplyDelete