Today was 8 years since we gave Vann back to our Lord. In some ways I cannot believe it has been 8 years, but in others, I can. I truly feel like it has been 8 years since I last saw him, but the memories of the experience are just still too vivid for it to have been that long. For those of you who may not know, Vann was my older brother who lost his battle to Cancer at the age of 21. Today brings back bad memories, but it is just another day. The thoughts and memories of Vann surround us all the time...sometimes making us laugh and sometimes making us cry. But nonetheless, today is just another reminder of our loss. So we mourn him again. I mourn the loss of a brother, my parents mourn the loss of a son. Graham mourns the loss of a brother in law he never met, but would have loved. And this year, we all mourn the loss of another Uncle for Carrie. But I know Vann knows her. I know he put it in a good word for us to the Lord above for us to have received such a blessed gift as her. And I see him in her willfulness and burgeoning temper. Her ability to make us laugh more than anyone. I can always tell when Vann is playing with us through her, reminding us that he is smiling down on us from Heaven. For example, today when mom and I took Carrie to the cemetary, she squatted on his grave which was such a bittersweet moment and then all of a sudden she started grunting...yep, she pooped right there squatting on his grave. What a blessing that laughter was. Here is the sweet picture pre-poo...

My sweet husband had to be away on business today, but still brought some beauty to the day with these...

Vann, we miss you. We love you. We thank you for all the many signs and reminders that you are with us always. And we look forward to seeing you again in Heaven.
Neel...what a sweet post! I know Vann is such the proud big brother of your's today looking down on you from Heaven. You are such a blessing to all your friends and God uses you so much through your past suffering. Your post reminded me of Romans 5:3-5. love you!
ReplyDeletepraying for you this week neel! thanks for sharing:)
ReplyDelete