Ok ok too many restaurant reviews lately! Sorry about this, but if you wanna dine in Nashville, maybe this is helping you out? Anyways, let me preface this by saying I had not even heard of Fish & Co until my friend Paula who lives in Knoxville asked me if I had been. I told her I didn't even know what it was and she said she was at a charity event that the chef was cooking for and that he was amazing! I got on their website and learned that this new seafood restaurant took the place of Miro District in the Adelicia. I could not believe I didnt even know Miro had closed, but the waiter said Fish & Co had a 'quiet opening' so maybe that is why. Anyways, last night my friend Grace and I had a girl's dinner there. I was so excited because 1)this place has gotten all amazing reviews 2)i was ready to be with an adult since Graham is out of town 3)I love grace! Well let me begin by saying it lives up to ALL the hype. The atmosphere could use something (it still looks just like Miro does) so maybe if they could make it feel a little more intimate that would help), but the food was to.die.for. On top of that, the service was amazing. Our waiter was so knowledgeable and right off the bat we learned that the chef is the only James Beard award winning chef in Tennessee. If you watch Top Chef, you know how big of an honor that is. And this is by far the best seafood you are going to find in Nashville. He said it is as good as living on the coast because with transportation these days, we can eat this just as fresh! My mouth immediately started watering when I saw they have a separate raw bar menu. I love raw oysters. Love them. And they have a list of raw oysters to choose from that looks like a wine list! I think there were 8 and he told me the qualities of each one...I didnt even know the variety of flavor you could get in an oyster. Grace is pregnant (and doesnt like raw oysters) so I knew I was alone on this one, but I could not pass up getting a few. So I tried 3. 1 from Maine, 1 from Washington State and 1 from British Columbia. They were all so so good. They were light and flavorful. A couple with a cucumber finish that was amazing. I could have eaten a tray of them. Someday I will. Grace and I also split the appetizer Shrimp Etouffee. It was shrimp in a creole sauce over a grit cake and we ate every.single.crumb. Yum! The waiter said this was the most popular appetizer and for good reason and he was right. But we did have a hard time choosing because all the apps looked so good. We also split a salad and then onto the entrees. Grace got the 'simply grilled' where you pick what you want grilled and then you pick the sauce and a side. She got Grouper with a ravigote sauce (creamy creole mustard sauce) with potatoes roasted in duck fat. He said not to let the duck fat part turn you off because the potatoes are so good and they were. Grace let me try one. It was the most flavorful roasted potato I have ever had. I got the cod wrapped in prosciutto (benton's no less) over wild rice with a smoked tomato beurre blanc sauce. The waiter had recommended it and once he told me about it, I couldn't resist. The prosciutto gave the fish just the right added flavor. It was yum. And finally, we got the beignets for desert. And these weren't just any cinnamon beignets. They had a cinnamon sugar filling, too and a side of cream cheese icing ice cream. I could eat them every day until I die. I must go back to this place and I must go back soon. There is so much more deliciousness to be had. And you need to go too. If you live here, that is. It is expensive, but so worth it. So next date night, hit up Fish & Co.
Check out the menu here.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment